If you like cinnamon rolls or anything cinnamon, you have to try these cupcakes. They taste just like Rumchata and have a great flavor! Below is the recipe and some tips on how to make these cupcakes!
As always when you start a cupcake or any cake recipe, leave the dairy ingredients out to softened or to reach room temperature. You can leave these ingredients out for thirty minutes to an hour before starting the recipe. For this specific recipe, you will want to leave out the butter, eggs, milk, and Rumchata.
To start, add all dry ingredients to a medium bowl. This includes flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside the dry ingredients until all the wet ingredients have been combined.
In a larger bowl, mix the butter until it becomes a creamy, whipped texture. Mix butter with a handheld mixer to get the desired texture. Combine the sugar with the butter until mixed well. I usually mix the mixture for 3-4 minutes with the mixer.
When the sugar is mixed in, add the eggs. I used large eggs for this recipe. Add in one egg at a time to the butter and sugar mixture using a handheld mixture. You should not have any runny egg when its been combined well with the ingredients. After, add in the vanilla extract and whole milk and combine the ingredients well into the mixture. Add in the Rumchata next and mix well. The creamy whipped texture should have been maintained while adding in the wet ingredients. If there are clumps, the the ingredients were not combined well enough.
When all the wet ingredients have been combined, add one-third of the dry ingredients. Mix well with a large mixing spoon until all the flour mixture has been combined. Repeat adding the dry ingredients and mixing well for the second and third time until all the dry ingredients have been added.
Line the cupcake tins with liners and pour about two tablespoons of the batter into each liner. This recipe typically makes about 30 cupcakes if portioned correctly. You can also weigh each liner to keep an even more consistent sized batch.
Bake cupcakes in a preheated oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes! I would watch them towards to end of 20 minutes to see if they need more time or that they are not overcooked! Let them cool before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooking, make the Chocolate Rumchata Buttercream Frosting! You can also make the frosting a day before or a day after making the cupcakes if you wish.
Like the batter, make sure you have softened butter for this recipe. Once the butter has softened, add it to a large bowl and mix butter with a handheld mixer to get the desired texture. I mix the butter for about 3-4 minutes.
After you will add one cup of the powdered sugar. Combine the powdered sugar well with the butter. You shouldn’t have any powder visible. It should also look like the same whipped and creamy texture. After add in the cocoa powder. You can add all of it in! Mix it well until all of the powdered is combined. You should have the same whipped texture, but thicker.
After add in the vanilla extract and combine with the other ingredients. Repeat and mix in the second cup of powdered sugar as the first one. After, add in the Rumchata and mix well. Finally, add the third cup of powdered sugar and combine all the ingredients well.
Add the buttercrem to a piping bag and frost the cooled cupcakes. I used a Wilton 1 M tip for this recipe!
Overall I think these cupcakes turned out amazing. I loved this recipe and am very proud of how great they turned out! Let me know how you like these cupcakes below!
Rumchata Cupcakes with Choclate Rumchata Buttercream Frosting
A boozy treat that tastes just like a cinnamon roll!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 4 tbsp Rumchata, room temperature
Chocolate Rumchata Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp Rumchata
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix softened butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes with handheld mixer until you get a creamy whipped texture.
- After, add one large whole egg and mix well until combined with the sugar and butter. Repeat for 2nd and 3rd egg.
- Next, add in vanilla extract and whole milk and mix until it is well combined with wet ingredients.
- After add in the Rumchata and mix well until all the wet ingredients have been combined.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix ingredients well with mixing spoon. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the second third of the flour mixture and mix well with large spoon.
- Add in the last third of the flour mixture into the batter. It should begin to thicken. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Pour about 2-2 1/2 tablespoons of batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done. Watch carefully so they do not overcook.
- Let them cool before frosting.
Chocolate Rumchata Buttercream Frosting Directions
- In a medium bowl, mix softened butter with handheld mixer for 3-4 minutes. You should have a creamy whipped texture.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar. Mix well with butter using mixer.
- Add in cocoa powder and mix well. Mixture should begin to thicken.
- Add vanilla. Mix well with handheld mixer.
- Add second cup of powdered sugar and continue to mix well with mixer.
- After add Rumchata and mix well.
- Add in the last cup of powdered sugar mix it in with all the ingredients. Your frosting should still have a creamy whipped texture.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and frost your cupcakes. I used a Wilton 1M tip for this recipe.
Enjoy these treats!