Hello Kitchenettes! These homemade cookies are probably the easiest cookies I’ve made so far and require minimal effort. They are quick and taste just as good as a bakery cookie. Below are some tips and the recipe!
To make these cookies, you will need a couple of mixing bowls, a large mixing spoon, an electric mixer, and maybe a small ice cream scoop to scoop the dough out. If you don’t have a scoop, feel free to use a table spoon. A baking sheet and parchment paper are also needed to bake the cookies.
Before starting the recipe, it is important leave the butter out to soften. I typically leave the butter out for about an hour before starting the recipe. If your home is warm, I suggest leaving it out for only 20-30 minutes.
The first step in making these cookies are to add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and mix them well with a large spoon or hand whisk. The dry ingredients include: flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. These ingredients should be added in at the end after all the wet ingredients have been combined.
Then you will next combine all the wet ingredients. This includes the butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and eggs. To combine the ingredients, first add the butter into a large bowl and mix well with an electric mixer. I typically mix my butter for 3-4 minutes to get a whipped-like texture. After, you will add in the brown sugar and regular white sugar separate. It is important to mix them in one at a time so the sugars combine well with the butter. This is also why you would use an electric mixer. Next you will add your eggs and vanilla. Be sure to mix the eggs well with the butter and sugar mixture.
After all the wet ingredients are combined, it is time to add the dry ingredients. I like to add half of the dry mixture at a time because it helps the mixture combine well. You can mix the dry mixture with a large spoon. The dough will begin to get thick and a mixer may over mix the cookie dough at this point.
When all the dry ingredients have been combined into the wet ingredients, fold in the white chocolate chips! This is always the fun for me. After folding the chips in well, place the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes before baking. At this point, you want to preheat your over.
After chilling the dough, take a ice cream scoop or table spoon and add about a 1-inch dough balls onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and let them cool for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or plate.
These homemade cookies are easy and fun to make. Let me know how these white chip chocolate cookies come out below!
White Chip Chocolate Cookies
Easy to make chocolate cookies that are topped with white chocolate chips!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and mix well with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and combine with butter.
- Next add in the white sugar and mix well with butter mixture.
- Add in the large eggs and mix well.
- Finally add in the vanilla extract and mix well with all the wet ingredients.
- After, begin adding dry ingredients by adding in half of the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix well with large mixing spoon until combined.
- Add the second half of dry mixture until well combined.
- After all the ingredients are combined, fold in the white chocolate chips with a large mixing spoon.
- Chill cookie dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After, prepare baking sheet with parchment paper and place 1-inch dough balls on the sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let them cool for 3 minutes before moving off the pan.
Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!