These egg cups are simple and easy to make! They are a great meal prep recipe for when you need breakfast on the go during the week. Below are some tips and the recipe.
For this recipe you will need a whisk and a large bowl to combine the eggs and spices. To measure ingredients, you will use a liquid measuring cup and a spoon measuring set. A 12 cup-nonstick cupcake tin is also needed to divide and bake your egg cups.
Before starting this recipe, cook your ground sausage in a medium skillet on a stove top. I typically use store brand mild pork sausage but feel free to use what you like best! During this time, you want to also cook your shredded hashbrowns. I used Mr. Dell’s All Natural Shredded Hashbrowns. I cooked mine in the oven following the bag’s directions. You can use whatever brand you prefer.
Once the sausage and hasbrowns have been cooked, you can start the recipe for the egg cups. Scramble the eggs in a large bowl using a whisk. Make sure all the yolks have been scrambled well and none were missed. Then add in the almond milk and mix well. After, add in salt, pepper, and spices.
When your egg mixture is ready, grease the cupcake tin or line with silicone cupcake liners for baking. I used the liners and absolutely loved them! The egg did not stick and I didn’t have to worry about ruining my tin with burnt egg.
Divide the egg mixture among the Fill each tin with egg mixture to about half to two-thirds of the way full. The mixture will rise when baking and when you add the rest of the ingredients. Add in the sausage, mozzarella cheese, and hasbrowns to each cup. Try to divide the ingredients evenly. I used pre-grated mozzarella cheese you can also grate your own cheese if preferred.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Let the cups cool before serving or storing in a refrigerator for later consumption.
This recipe also works well as a casserole if you prefer not to have individual egg cups. Let me know how these egg cups come out below!
Sausage & Hashbrowns Egg Cups
A perfect to-go breakfast that you can make ahead of time!
- 1 cup cooked ground pork sausage
- 1 cup cooked shredded hashbrowns
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, scramble large eggs together with whisk.
- Add almond milk, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well with eggs.
- Grease a 12 cup-non-stick cupcake tin or line with silicone baking cups.
- Pour egg mixture about 1/2-2/3 of the way full for each cup. Try to divide the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Evenly divide ground sausage, hashbrowns, and cheese among the 12 cups by placing the ingredients in the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until baked thoroughly.
- Let them cool before serving or refrigeration.
Enjoy these hassle free egg cups for the week!